Translate

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Why I created this Blog?


Hello!

If you have found this blog...Welcome! I'm sure your wondering what is the purpose of this blog. After completing my Second class on my journey to being a game designer, I started to see progression in my creative ideas and my abilities to communicate them through my class assignments. So, I thougt it was important to have a place to see my growth. I did not create this blog to teach someone or show off my work. It's more a road map to my more professional presentation that I will use upon graduation to seek employment in my field of study.

I am also using this blog to document this experience of someone like me that is making a career change into an industry that is predominately a male oriented field with very few females at the helm. And as a African American female I have seen even less of my nationality in this industry. Why? I am not sure, but I hope to learn and explore this absence as I research. I will be pulling in industry statistics and research that I come across not to inform, surely this information is out there on the web. But this will be the place where I build and maintain my motivation and stay abreast of my field as I continue my studies.

At times you will have to forgive me if I do not blog from day to day, there just really will not be time since I work and go to school. I have to sleep...sometimes. But I plan to do my best to keep relevant content posted. If you decide to follow this blog...please feel free to comment. Your most likely the person I hope to target when I graduate and fascinate. So, If I can capture your interest here...you will appreciate what I plan to offer in the future for gaming. And if you do comment, please be considerate that this is my blog to my professional presentation, some of the work may not be as polished as you would expect. Ok! here is where I put down my pen and get back to work.

 Pack your bags....Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your welcome to leave a comment.