Translate

Friday, April 19, 2013

Eclipse Entertainment wants to hire you

Here was a class "Digital Imaging for Multimedia and Web" that shook and pulled creativity out of me until I was on the floor of my bedroom weeping for joy at what I finally made. I found edges and corners of Photoshop I did not even know existed. I begged and pleaded with online tutor support to help me make sense of the version of PS my assignments were written in and the version the school had released to me. Adobe seem to take what was not broke and not fix it, even more, it then decided to hide what was familiar. I went on a hunt to find favorites like the collage feature so deliciously available in PS 10. Which is now still elusive in CS5 and CS6. If its there...even after this class I still have no clue where it its. And I think now the tutors are all avoiding me. It must have been all the emoticons of crying I used after spending hours each night after work just trying to get past week 1. This class was one for strong will and not faint at heart.

And to make it more educational, we had to follow a lesson as if a company was hiring us to present product on a deadline. Now this part I like...felt real world. But its not until after you have read such promising, normal yet motivating autobiographies that you later find a classmate that thinks a dirty condom is a great feature to a new character model for a possible toy that you wonder. "How do I critique this guy after I mention I live in North Carolina within my bio."

Needless to say there were enough appreciative, creative, less visually disturbing models to critique and stay on track with the assignment. This student later in open class post became literally abusive to the teacher. I suspect the teacher told him how disturbing his ideas were and his head started to spin. Now, dont get me wrong, I can applaud his efforts to shock and stand out from the pack. But to be specific and fair in my assessment, he did not follow any guidelines of what the client wanted and just did his own thing. Leaving the rest of the class scratching our heads.

Now enough about this student, as for me, I enjoyed this class and would take it again. The sheer level of new found interest and respect I gained from what Photoshop can do had me panting to do more after the class ended. So, this is what they call...Teaching.

I swear no Tutors got hurt in the making of my final project "Garden Glitter Grace". But if they were in person tutoring me, I would not be able to explain the glitter in some choice places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your welcome to leave a comment.